Saturday, March 3, 2012

Unbelievably Yummy Crock Pot Applesauce

Since we've been ordering produce from the co-op a couple of times a month, I've been looking for ways to use up things so they aren't wasted.

We recently ordered a giant case of apples for L, who eats 3 or 4 apples a day. As we neared the bottom of the box, I realized we need a way to use up the last apples before they could go bad. I found a yummy sounding recipe via Pinterest for applesauce in the crock pot, and made a trial batch.

Crock pot applesauce.


My husband and I ate the entire batch the same day. It was so good, more like apple pie filling than traditional applesauce.

I subsequently made a much larger batch by quadrupling the recipe. (I'd totally recommend making that big of a batch, unless you're cooking for one. A single batch didn't yield much at all.)

You'll find this recipe, (and many more crock pot recipes,) here, at the Crock Pot 365 blog.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pinning this for next apple picking season. I wish we had your co op it sounds wonderful. We did a CSA last summer and while it was nice 350 dollars is a lot for 5 months.

    We are just going to plant our own and go to the farmers market each week. It will be cheaper.

    anyway totally off the apple subject. we love going apple picking and towards the end need to use up apples so this is perfect.

    ReplyDelete